If you are thinking about buying a foreign import as your next set of wheels, you might want to think again. While those imports from Asia, Europe and elsewhere have their place on the roadways of Flagstaff, there are plenty of reasons to make your next vehicle purchase a domestic one.
Buying domestic has its benefits, so think carefully before your purchase your next set of wheels. Here are 10 great reasons to choose a domestic vehicle instead of an import.
- It is good for the country. Buying domestic is the patriotic thing to do, and your purchase could keep your friends and neighbors employed. If you love your country, buying domestic is a great way to put your money where your heart is.
- Domestic cars are more affordable. Compared to imports from Europe and Asia, domestic vehicles are often more affordable to buy and drive.
- Maintenance is easier. Imported vehicles are often difficult to service and maintain, and that can drive up the cost of ownership.
- Parts will be easier to come by. If your car comes from Japan, Germany or other places halfway around the world, your parts will come across the sea as well. Buying domestic means it will be easier to get the replacement parts you need.
- You could save money on fuel. Domestically produced vehicles are more fuel efficient than ever, and buying domestic could save you a lot of money at the pump.
- Finding a mechanic will be easier. It can be hard to find a qualified mechanic to work on your imported vehicles, but buying domestic will simplify the process considerably.
- The cost of ownership could be lower. When shopping for a new set of wheels, it is important to look at all the costs, including service and scheduled maintenance. Compared to their imported counterparts, domestic vehicles often boast a lower cost of ownership.
- You could save money on insurance. Many domestic vehicles are less costly to insure, and that could save you money month after month and year after year.
- The resale market may be stronger. Your neighbors in the Flagstaff area are just as patriotic as you are – they want to support the country they love, and they shop carefully for the used cars they need. Owning a domestic vehicle could mean a higher resale value, so you can trade up any time you want.
- You will feel good about yourself. Buying a new set of wheels is not just about getting around. Buying domestic will make you feel good, so you can enjoy your time on those Flagstaff area roadways.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to make your next vehicle a domestic model. From helping the country to helping your personal bottom line, buying a car, truck or SUV that is made here has many advantages.